The 2015 World Expo has helped boost online searches for Milan, which has emerged the top trending destination for travelers in the US and Canada.
To compile the list, analysts looked at flight destinations with the greatest year-over-year increase in search activity in the US and Canada.
While Rome and Venice may traditionally attract more tourists than Milan, this year Italy’s fashion city will steal the international spotlight with the arrival of Expo Milano 2015, which kicks off May 1 and runs through October 31.
The theme of the six-month event will be food and nutrition and how to feed the world sustainably.
Here are the top 10 trending destinations according to Kayak.com:
1. Milan, Italy
2. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3. Portland, Oregon
4. Hyderabad, India
5. Athens, Greece
6. Toronto, Ontario, Canada
7. Savannah, Georgia, USA
8. Nashville, Tennessee, USA
9. Hartford, Connecticut, USA
10. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The top trending hotels in corresponding cities include:
1. NH Milano Grand Hotel Verdi, Milan
2. Miramar Hotel by Windsor, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3. The Benson Hotel, Portland, Oregon
4. The Park Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India
5. Royal Olympic Hotel, Athens, Greece
6. Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
7. Dresser Palmer House, Savannah, Georgia, USA
8. Omni Nashville Hotel, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
9. Avon Old Farms Hotel, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
10. Hotel Ruby Foo’s, Montreal, Quebec, Canada